21 September 2005

Nasa plans return to Moon by 2020

Don't get me wrong! I am all for returning to the Moon! And I don't care if people say "why, we have no reason to go there". I believe that just going is reason enough, but the plans NASA have are so lacking of ambition. If you want to go back to the Moon, and nothing else then don't just copy the way it was done previously with just bigger rockets! If you just do that you would have learned nothing! The way it is proposed now have no vision. The primary ambition (going there) is nothing new; it has already been done. The secondary ambitions (new technology, etc) are..well non existing; the whole thing is based on old technology. If the reason is, that NASA does not have the finances to do it better, then NASA must go internationally. In any case I think that is the only way forward with projects on this scale. And id isn't only space programs that could benefit from some internationalisation...

No comments: