21 September 2005

Going through the motions

Well, it has been a while, and it has probably been the period in my life where most have changed! Maybe that's why... Anyway! The main thing that has happened is obviously that I have got married! I have married the most beautiful woman in the world in the most spectacular wedding. It lasted 3 days and I had many friends and family coming in from Denmark to attend. You all made our day!! Thanks!! Second, the redundancy became real. The Friday after the wedding I was told that I was going to be made redundant by 22nd August. I sort of expected it, but when it happens is always gives you a knock. I suppose it is reality sinking in. So what do you do? Do you become angry or just accept your fate... The most important thing is to get off to a good start in searching for a new job. The psychological impact is the most important to deal with immediately. Then later you can deal with all the financial etc. stuff. In any case I tried to act "professional", seeing it from their point of view, that they didn't have enough money to keep me and they were in trouble and that I would have done the same in their situation. I believe that will also serve me better in the long run - slamming doors always leave a bitter taste in your own mouth... So the last two months I have been looking for work...

No comments: