22 November 2004

When is it enough?

Where is the limit of interference of the politicians into peoples lives? Now in the US the lawmakers will prohibit fast-forwarding on DVD's and you have got to ask yourself the question: Who are the politicians working for? I suppose it is a question asked many times before, but fundamentally I would guess that they work for the ones that put them in office, i.e. the public. If that is the case, how on Earth can they think of putting something like this into law? I mean, it is blatantly obvious that they are just supporting an industry that is supporting their campaign to keep a warm and comfortable seat in an office where they can, apparently, act as small Gods!! If this is the case, haven't the public then lost their right to actually wield power through exercising their democratic rights? Aren't the politicians just serving the few instead of the many? I know, I know there is nothing new in this, but still...

No comments: