25 November 2004

Moving out...stuff

It has been a fact for a long time now, that the flat in Denmark Hill is too small. I know that a two bed room flat for two people seems fair enough, but it you don't want to be cluttering all your walls/floor with stuff then at some point things become too small. We have been discussing moving somewhere else for a while now, but that has its own issues:
  • We don't know where we want to live
  • 'A' must be able to travel to cental London (Liverpool Street specifically)
  • As long as 'A' is studying, it would be risky to move
  • We probably can't really afford what we want
So what do you do, when you don't want piles everywhere? You goto self-storage! When I first thought of the idea and checked out some prices, it seemed rediculous to pay 50 quid per month (!) for 15 sq.feet. I mean 15 sq.feet how small is that! But then if you thing about it, it an store about 25 moving boxes, which is as much as all my stuff when I moved from Copenhagen, albeit that was a long time ago... Anyway I presented the idea to 'A' and her initial comment was something along the lines of you must be nuts..., and that when other people run out of space they find a bigger place whereas I just ant to 'hide' it... I tried to explain that we had already thrown out as much as possible and that we really couldn't move right now (see above), but still she resisted... In the end I went ahead and made my way down to the Big Yellow round the corner and booked my 15 sq.feet... I must say that it does make sense. Yes, 50 quid is a lot, but then rent in London is just stupid! And if you need more space, it is a good option. Now I just need to find out what to put there...

No comments: